Location: Glisan Office
Classification: Part Time
Ride Connection is seeking Part-time Drivers to provide safe, reliable and courteous transportation services to older adults and people with disabilities. The driver will be working out of our Glisan Street office in Portland. We are looking for trustworthy, dependable driver with a sense of humor and passion for helping people in our community lead more independent lives. You only need a regular driver’s license, not a CDL. A Ride Connection application must be submitted.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Customer service experience
• Ability to work as a team member with a diverse group of people
• Ability to work independently
• Able to maintain a driving record that meets or exceeds Ride Connection’s driver standards
• Experience operating a large vehicle
• Valid driver’s license with five years driving experience and excellent driving record as recorded by the Department of Motor Vehicles
• Ability to pass a national criminal record check which may include fingerprint identification.
• Must be proficient in English
• Ability to speak other languages in addition to English
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities
• Knowledge of the geographic area
If this sounds like you, please visit www.rideconnection.org for application and job description. An application must be submitted in order to be considered for the position. For additional information or to submit your application material or to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is an hourly non-exempt part time position, benefits are available for the employee. Compensation is $14.87 per hour. This position closes February 23, 2017.
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.