- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Volunteer Outreach Manager
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, investigative-minded, relationship builder to join our Development and Marketing team as a Volunteer Outreach Manager.
The Volunteer Outreach Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining recruitment, retention, and recognition of Ride Connection’s volunteer program. The Volunteer Outreach Manager will support staff and transportation partners to sustain ongoing recruitment and retention of a network of volunteers by working closely with them to determine volunteer needs and goals for the organization, based on capacity and community need. The Volunteer Outreach Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an outreach plan dedicated to the recruitment of new volunteers, manages all volunteer onboarding, and serves as a liaison between the volunteers and staff and transportation partners. The Volunteer Outreach Manager will also support the organization by increasing community awareness of Ride Connection, building relationships with corporate and community partners, and representing the organization at volunteer recruitment events and speaking opportunities.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay of $23.54 - $27.43. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
- You are a community builder by nature. You view collaboration as key to supporting underserved communities by working with your team, teams across the organization, and with partner organizations or agencies for the common good.
- You are a proactive self-starter; you enjoy the challenge of planning processes and procedures that respond to or prevent future issues that may arise.
- You get energized by speaking publicly and doing dynamic presentations for and about causes you believe in.
- You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. You split your attention between individual work projects, team projects, and meetings with ease.
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone.
- You understand the importance of empowering, training, and supporting others, both staff and volunteers.
- You are a proactive problem solver who thinks outside of the box to find solutions.
- You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate.
- You can do your work through an equity lens.
- You understand the importance of feedback – giving feedback that is empathetic and supportive. You also know how to engage with and process feedback you receive from others.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership and guidance of all volunteer functions by creating and overseeing recruitment, retention, training, recognition, and ongoing volunteer engagement.
- Manage placement of volunteers within Ride Connection and our service partners for driver programs, various committees, departments, and programs, with an emphasis on volunteer drivers.
- Orchestrate ongoing collaboration with Ride Connection staff and service partners to identify volunteer needs, training, and supervision.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and ongoing management of Ride Connection’s volunteer onboarding and training technology platform.
- Maintain a variety of online, community and multimedia sources to creatively market volunteer opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with businesses and organizations to recruit volunteers and increase awareness of Ride Connection’s mission.
- Develop and manage volunteer recognition and retention programs and activities.
- Represent Ride Connection in the community at various events and meetings
- Maintain accurate volunteer records and provide timely reports.
- Provide ongoing support, education and training to volunteers and service partners
- Manage Ride Connection’s Ride Ambassador and Riders’ Club programs which includes but is not limited to; orientation, training, linking, scheduling, service reflection, regular communication, management, record keeping, performance evaluation and recognition.
- Provide support to the Development team on various special events, as needed.
- Represent Ride Connection, and communicates the mission and purpose of Ride Connection, to our service partners, funders, and the community.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with Ride Connection staff, partners, customers, and supporters.
- Actively support inclusive practices that determine the needs and preferences of our target populations.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. A minimum of two years of volunteer management experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage a team of volunteers
- Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze and solve problems
- Demonstrated use of online volunteer recruitment tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Must have access to reliable transportation for employment purposes which may include evenings and weekends. If using personal vehicle, must maintain proof of auto insurance and comply with State regulations
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to make decisions with minimal supervision
- COVID-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Candidates must be able to share physical proof of completed vaccination status at least 30 days before start date
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification
Welcomed Additional Qualifications
- Bilingual or multilingual
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit these documents in any format, but PDF works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.