- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Transportation Specialist - NE Portland/Gresham
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, engaging, problem solver and relationship builder to assist the Program Managers with day-to-day operations for the NE Portland and Gresham areas.
The Transportation Specialist will support the Program Manager, drivers, service center staff, and service partners as needed. The person in this role of the transportation specialist will include the following: assist with scheduling and dispatching, assist with vehicle maintenance, repairs, and scheduling, interacting with drivers, (staff and volunteers) vendors as needed, ensure all drivers trainings are complete and updated, required to attend staff and community partners meetings, able to onboard and document new drivers along retain drivers (staff and volunteers), willing to drive when necessary, able to order supplies, maintain program records and submit ad-hoc and monthly reports, on occasion may be required to do some outreach within the community, willing to assist with performance reviews, and must be part of the on-call rotation.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay of $23.54 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
- You are a proactive self-starter; you enjoy the challenge of planning processes and procedures that respond to or prevent future issues that may arise
- You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. You split your attention between individual work projects, team projects, and customer service without losing a beat
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment where no two days are alike
- You enjoy working both with a team and independently
- You are a proactive problem solver who thinks outside of the box to find solutions
- You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone
- You can quickly learn new technology but you’re also not afraid to ask questions or seek assistance from others
- You can do your work through an equity lens
- You understand the importance of feedback – giving feedback that is empathetic and supportive. You also know how to engage with and process feedback you receive from others
- You understand the importance of empowering, training, and supporting others, both staff and volunteers with clear and concise direction
- You are a community builder by nature. You view collaboration as key to supporting underserved communities and working with your team and teams across an organization or agency for the common good.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the daily operation of Ride Connection driving programs
- Support both drivers and the program manager in all aspects of their positions
- Assist with scheduling and dispatching
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new drivers
- Assist with the evaluation of programs, drivers, and trainings
- Work with the service center to ensure we are meeting customer needs
- Assist with coordination of vehicle maintenance
- Cover driving shifts as needed, both door to door and shuttles
- Support both staff and volunteers to ensure that they are following Ride Connection policies
- Help promote Ride Connection services within the community
- COVID-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Candidates must be able to share physical proof of completed vaccination status at least 30 days before start date
- Valid driver’s license with five to seven years driving experience and an excellent driving history as recorded by the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Two or more years of team leadership or supervisor experience
- Comfort and experience using technology – Especially MS Office, Excel, and scheduling software
- Ability and willingness to work diverse populations
- Comfort and experience driving a large vehicle, and willing to train drivers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
This position may be required to perform “Safety Sensitive” duties per Federal Transit Administration (FTA) guidelines. When required the employee assigned to this position must participate and remain in compliance with the FTA Drug and Alcohol testing program, including pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing.
Welcomed Additional Qualifications
- Familiarity with Portland Metro area roads, routs, and transit system.
- Bilingual or multilingual
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities
- Experience with using conflict resolution or de-escalation techniques
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can submit these documents in any format, but PDF works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.
You can learn more about Ride Connection at www.rideconnection.org