- Location: NE Glisan - Currently Remote
- Position Reports To: Service Center Supervisor
- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, engaging, problem solver and relationship builder to join our Service Center team as a Scheduler.
The Scheduler supports Ride Connection’s Service Center, service partners, drivers and dispatch scheduling needs. The person in this role will schedule driver routes and daily rides both internally and externally. This role will work closely with Service Center schedulers and Travel Navigators as well as collaborate with service partners to help assure that all of Ride Connection’s customer’s rides are on time and run smoothly. The Scheduler will report to the Service Center Supervisor.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $17.45 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with full vestment on day one, Flexible Spending Accounts with a $500 employer contribution, 14 days of paid vacation in your first year with increases every three years, six floating holidays that can be used at any time, a sick leave bank separate from your time off bank, and TriMet annual public transportation passes.
- Customer service is your passion, you enjoy going the extra mile to ensure that a customer feels supported, heard, validated, and served.
- You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. You split your attention between individual work projects, team projects, and customer service without losing a beat.
You do your work through an equity lens
You are a lifelong learner and enjoy the challenge of learning new technology and the ins and outs of new programs.
You are a regular Sherlock/Enola Holmes when it comes to solving puzzles and riddles. You can generally put on your houndstooth hat, pull out your magnifying glass, and figure out how disconnected bits of information can be put together to form a complete story or picture.
You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate.
You enjoy working independently but you also know that we can all achieve more when we work together. Because of this, you are not afraid to ask for help, support, or even another set of eyes to look over something you’ve been working on to catch things you may have missed.
You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing inequities and oppression experienced by non-white people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, and people with disabilities
What You’ll Do
- Schedule daily driver routes and rides both internally for Ride Connection drivers, and externally for contracted service partners, within 2 weeks of scheduled service need.
- Processes information from Service Center Travel Navigators to create daily schedules for drivers.
- Monitor email and check in with team for updates and changes.
- Analyze information and rides to determine how best to coordinate customer pick up and drop off across different areas and with different drivers.
- Work collaboratively with the Travel Navigators to support customer needs.
At least one year of scheduling experience in any field.
Comfortable with or experienced using Microsoft Office programs, Google Maps, and any type of scheduling software.
Comfort and experience with high call volume or multi line phone systems.
The ability and willingness to work diverse populations.
Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
- Familiarity with the Portland Metro roads, routs, and transit system.
- Bilingual or multilingual – especially in Arabic, Amharic, Somali or Spanish
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
- Application Instructions
- To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
- Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the general public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.
You can learn more about Ride Connection at www.rideconnection.org.