- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, investigative-minded, and detail oriented person to join our organization as a Payment Specialist.
The Payment Specialist supports Ride Connection and its fiscal department services by answering calls, assisting customers, handling expenses and reimbursements, ensuring accurate tracking of billing for payments in multiple systems, and handling data entry for payment tracking. The person in this role will work collaboratively with the Ride Connection Service Center as well as managing customer needs for HOP cards. The Payment Specialist will report to the Payment Supervisor.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $20.17 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
Who You Are
- Customer service is your passion. You enjoy going the extra mile to ensure that a customer feels supported, heard, validated, and served
- You enjoy working independently and taking initiative so that projects get accomplished, and things run smoothly.
- You do your work through an equity lens.
- You are a regular Sherlock/Enola Holmes when it comes to solving riddles. You can generally put on your houndstooth hat, pull out your magnifying glass, and figure out how disconnected bits of information can be put together to form a complete story.
- You can roll with the punches and change gears as needed. Without losing a beat, you split your attention between individual work projects, team projects, and customer service.
- You are not afraid to ask for help, support, or even another set of eyes to look over something you’ve been working on to catch things you may have missed.
- You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing inequities and oppression experienced by people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, and people with disabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Order and load Focus and Hop cards and distribute them via mail
- Take calls from transit partner providers to manage customer needs, process reimbursements and problem solve reimbursement and Hop card requests.
- Enter distribution dates and process reimbursements for network of NEMT and service partners
- Work collaboratively with Service Center on occasional customer calls (as needed)
- Customer service experience – from any field
- Comfort and experience using Microsoft Office programs and general Excel skills
- Comfort and experience with learning new programs and processes
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
- Experience with cash handling, invoicing, or reimbursements
- Bilingual or multi-lingual – especially Spanish
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@rideconnection (.org). You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the general public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.