- Location: NE Glisan; Currently Remote
- Position Reports To: Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, empathic, investigative-minded, and customer service-oriented person to join our Quality Assurance and Compliance team as a Quality Assurance Specialist.
The Quality Assurance Specialist coordinates action, customer service, and support for all aspects of provider/driver complaints, incidents, and collisions, including documenting, investigating, and following through to ensure matters are resolved for Ride Connection’s Medicaid Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT) program. In this position, discretion and confidentiality must be exercised in protecting and releasing information. Because of this, the person in this role will also be tasked with escalating safety-related, ADA, Title VI, and HIPPA concerns, monitoring trends, and reporting concerning patterns of provider/driver matters to their supervisor for support. The Quality Assurance Specialist reports to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $18.85 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with full vestment on day one, Flexible Spending Accounts with a $500 employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first year with increases every three years, six floating holidays that can be used at any time, a sick leave bank separate from your time off bank, and Trimet annual public transportation passes.
Who You Are
- Customer service is your jam. You enjoy going the extra mile to ensure that a customer feels supported, heard, validated, and served.
- You strive to be actively anti-racist and anti-oppressive. You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing your connections and perpetuation of white supremacy and oppression experienced by non-white people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, and people with disabilities, as well as those of the systems and institutions you work in.
- You are an empathic person, and you excel at connecting with others beyond the surface and being an active listener. With that said, you understand the importance of personal boundaries, respect the boundaries of others, and model healthy boundaries with those you serve to encourage positive boundary-setting for everyone.
- You maintain your composure in a crisis or a heated exchange and help others keep their cool as well.
- You are a regular Sherlock/Enola Holmes when it comes to solving riddles. You can generally put on your houndstooth hat, pull out your magnifying glass, and figure out how disconnected bits of information can be put together to form a complete story.
- You do your work through an equity lens.
- You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate.
- You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. Without losing a beat, you split your attention between individual work projects, team projects, and customer service.
- You know that we can all achieve more when we work together. Because of this, you are not afraid to ask for help, support, or even another set of eyes to look over something you’ve been working on to catch things you may have missed.
- You are a proactive problem-solver and plan processes and procedures that respond to or prevent future issues that may arise.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate all aspects of provider/driver complaints, incidents, and collisions, including analysis, documenting investigation steps, and resolution.
- Escalate all safety-related complaints, ADA, Title VI, or HIPAA, to the proper channels for investigation and resolution.
- Prepare reports and maintain and collect statistical and customer-driven data to help the Quality Assurance and Compliance team chart and predict trends that could improve the safety and security of transportation services.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality Assurance and Compliance team members to coordinate problem-solving activities to identify practical corrective actions and process improvements.
- Interact with providers, contact center personnel, and dispatch managers to identify opportunities to improve service quality.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality Assurance and Compliance team members to establish and maintain a customer feedback system.
Two or more years experience in customer service, handling customer complaints, grievances, and complex or difficult customer interactions. Experience and comfort with using computers and learning new programs and systems. The ability to pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
- Experience with utilizing de-escalation tools and techniques.
- Experience with and some proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingual or fluent in multiple languages.
- Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities.
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdfs and Word documents work best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter. Also, please address the following:
- How would you use your skills and experiences to contribute to equity, inclusion, accessibility, and community engagement internally and externally as part of Ride Connection?
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the general public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.
You can learn more about Ride Connection at www.rideconnection.org.