- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Mobility Specialist - Latinx Communities
The Mobility Specialist is responsible for providing travel options counseling assessments for new Ride Connection customers. The travel option assessments are provided to ensure each customer is receiving the most appropriate and least restrictive service based on the customer needs and resources available. The Mobility Specialist also works in the community to provide information about Ride Connection’s travel options to potential customers in historically marginalized and underserved communities in Multnomah and Washington Counties. The Mobility Specialist also identifies, establishes, and nurtures partnerships with other agencies and organizations that serve these communities to promote and inform community partners of these transportation resources to qualifying customers, people living with disabilities and older adults.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $20.78 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with full vestment on day one, Flexible Spending Accounts with a $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first year with increases every three years, six floating holidays that can be used at any time, a sick leave bank separate from your time off bank, and TriMet annual public transportation passes.
Who You Are
• You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone.
• You are a community builder by nature. You view community engagement as key to supporting underserved communities and working with your team and teams across an organization or agency for the common good.
• You understand the importance of empowering others, and the impact that making sure people of all skill levels, experiences, and backgrounds feel like they are strong and capable has on someone’s confidence and self-esteem.
• You are an empathic person who can sense when a situation might create anxiety for someone. Because of this, you know how to not take on the anxiety of others while being affirming in ways that bring their anxiety down.
• You are an active and engaged listener. You aim to validate and support others, reading between the lines and helping them navigate their anxieties or frustrations while not invalidating them by trying to be their savior.
• You get energized by speaking publicly and doing dynamic presentations for and about causes you believe in.
• You have the kind of internal clock and calendar that keeps you reliably on time, present, and honoring your commitments – but you’re not afraid to use a calendar or scheduling program for peace of mind.
• You enjoy having traveling to different areas and being out in the community connecting with people as integral parts of your workday.
• You have a passion for learning from those you work with as well as for training others.
• You do your work through an equity lens.
What You’ll Do
• Provide TOC assessments to new RC customers via phone or in-person
• Complete customer intake and the needs assessment
• Ensure the customer receives the appropriate services that meet their transportation needs and explains these services to the customer
• Submits customer ride requests
• Determines and provides short-term fare assistance and/or enrollment for income-based fare assistance to eligible customers
• Supports interested customers in applying for the Ride Together program
• Identifies potential community partnerships
• Coordinates and attends community outreach events
• The willingness and ability to travel throughout the Portland metro area
• The ability and willingness to work some evenings and occasional weekends
• Experience and comfort with the Microsoft Office suite
• Comfort and experience with public speaking and giving presentations
• Must be able to pass a DMV check
• Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification
• Valid driver’s license
• Fluent in Spanish, both written and spoken.
• Experience working with people living with disabilities and older adults
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter. Also, please address the following:
How would you use your skills and experiences to contribute to equity, inclusion, accessibility, and community engagement as part of Ride Connection?
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults, people with disabilities, and low-income individuals by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.
You can learn more about Ride Connection at www.rideconnection.org.