- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Mobility Hospital Liaison
The Mobility Hospital Liaison will be responsible for coordinating transportation needs for Medicaid members at the Patient Logistic Center (PLC) located at Providence Portland. In collaboration with PLC staff and RC staff, this position ensures that Medicaid members people living with disabilities and older adults receive the immediate transportation services they need.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $48,971 - $73,457 annually. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve paid holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
Who You Are
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone.
- You understand the importance of empowering others, and the impact that making sure people of all skill levels, experiences, and backgrounds feel like they are strong and capable has on someone’s confidence and self-esteem.
- You are an active and engaged listener. You aim to validate and support others, sometimes reading between the lines to helping them navigate their anxieties or frustrations while not invalidating them.
- You are a community builder by nature. You view community engagement as key to supporting underserved communities and working with your team and teams across an organization or agency for the common good.
- You enjoy being out in the community connecting with people as integral parts of your workday.
- You have the kind of internal clock and calendar that keeps you reliably on time, present, and honoring your commitments – but you’re not afraid to use a calendar or scheduling program for peace of mind
- You do your work through an equity lens.
What You’ll Do
- Work with partners to identify and implement system improvements to improve transportation for Medicaid members and others discharging from a hospital setting
- Complete real-time problem solving and decision-making to ensure vulnerable individuals receive transportation, working in collaboration with a team of transportation and hospital staff
- Ensure the customer receives the appropriate services that meet their transportation needs and explains these services to the customer
- Identify, document and address:
- Needs of patients, clinical staff, healthcare providers, community partners and other stakeholders
- Opportunities to improve or modify service delivery
- Coordinate transportation needs of Medicaid members on-site at the Patient Logistic Center located at Providence Portland, in collaboration with partnering organizations
- Collaborate with Mobility for Health team members to provide ongoing transportation services to customers
- Attend meetings to educate others on Ride Connection services and Ride to Care services
- Attend meetings to learn current systems and processes to support process improvement
- Build and foster relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Represent Ride Connection as a leader in human services transportation
- The willingness and ability to travel throughout the Portland metro area
- The ability and willingness to work some evenings and occasional weekends
- Experience and comfort with the Microsoft Office suite
- Comfort and experience with public speaking and giving presentations
- Must be able to pass a DMV check
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification
- Valid driver’s license
Welcome Additional Qualifications
- Bilingual or multilingual
- Experience working with people living with disabilities and older adults
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults, people with disabilities, and low-income individuals by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.