- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Marketing and Communication Manager
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, engaging, relationship and community builder to join our team as the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Marketing and Communications Manager supports Ride Connection and its services by identifying outreach opportunities and developing and maintaining relationships with community partners, potential donors, and communities in need. The person in this role will be responsible for identifying and developing promotional and advertising opportunities, supporting Ride Connection’s special events, coordinating agency collateral including all outward facing materials, supporting donor stewardship projects, and managing Ride Connection’s brand in collaboration with all departments.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting salary of $61,071 - $92,551 per month. This position may include occasional evening and weekend hours. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
Who You Are
- You are a community builder by nature. You view collaboration as key to supporting underserved communities and working with your team, and teams across organizations or agencies, for the common good.
- You are a proactive problem-solver and are keen on planning and creating processes that respond to or prevent future issues that may arise.
- You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple projects with multiple timelines. You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. Without losing a beat, you split your attention between individual and team projects.
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone.
- You are known for your attention for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate.
- You strive to be actively anti-racist and anti-oppressive. You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing your connections and perpetuation of white supremacy and oppression experienced by Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities, AAPI communities, non-white people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, and people with disabilities, as well as those of the systems and institutions you work in.
- You are a lifelong learner, always looking for and finding new nuggets of knowledge to expand the tools in your toolbox.
- You know that there is no one-size-fits-all way to converse and connect with people. Because of this, you’re a firm believer in using everything from social media posts to engaging imagery to begin or continue the conversation.
- You excel at creating engaging and informative social medial and web-based content and presentations.
- You do your work through an equity lens.
What You’ll Do
- Manage developing marketing materials and opportunities to increase organization visibility.
- Responsible for monitoring and coordinating the use of corporate identification including logo, tag line and key messages for all of Ride Connection.
- Responsible for preparing press releases and outgoing communication to the media about organization events and activities.
- Negotiates with vendors and contractors to coordinate media costs, placement, and scheduling.
- Plan and create dynamic, engaging social media strategies and content to support promotions, campaigns, events, and Ride Connection’s mission and values.
- Monitor and review social media activity and results.
- Build relationships with groups and organizations in person, via email, or via phone.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with Ride Connection staff, transportation partners, customers, supporters, and other partners.
- Support Ride Connection and its service partners by developing and maintaining integrated marketing and outreach strategies promoting Ride Connection and its programs.
- Lead and collaborate with Development Director to create copy, including but not limited to written communication posts, emails, quarterly newsletters, marketing materials, solicitation letters, annual reports, and event invites.
- Manage creation and ordering of collateral print materials for services and programs.
- Manage the gathering and writing of customer stories and building the Ride Connection customer photobank for social media and written and video appeals using ethical storytelling techniques and an equity lens.
- Assist with/Manage website content management.
- Assist with Ride Connection events as needed.
- Five years of experience in marketing, social media management, or related fields.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office programs and Google for presentations and marketing purposes.
- Experience successfully managing and tracking multiple projects.
- Comfort and experience with public speaking at events and giving presentations.
- The ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
Welcomed Additional Qualifications
- Degree in Marketing or Communications
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar programs.
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Ride Connection is committed to providing employees with a safe working environment including a workplace free of known hazards. Ride Connection has a vaccine mandate policy in place to safeguard the health of our employees and customers.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the general public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.