Human Resource Specialist – Benefits Administration
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative and engaging relationship builder and lifelong learner to join our Human Resources team as an HR Specialist – Benefits Administration.
This HR Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs that Ride Connection offers, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and the 403(b) plan. The HR Specialist will assist with new hire orientation and employee benefits enrollment. The person in this role is also tasked with supporting employees by answering benefits-related questions, assisting employees with using the electronic employee self-service system, and doing occasional site visits to hold Q & A and support sessions. The HR Benefits Specialist reports to the Director of Human Resources.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $18.85 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with full vestment on day one, Flexible Spending Accounts with a $500 employer contribution, 14 days of paid vacation in your first year with increases every three years, six floating holidays that can be used at any time, a sick leave bank separate from your time off bank, and Trimet annual public transportation passes.
Who You Are
• You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone.
• You excel at breaking down terminology, details, and processes and translating them into digestible nuggets that almost everyone can possibly understand – and you’re more than willing to break things down even more if need be.
• You enjoy teaching people, sharing your experiences and expertise to help others add new skills and knowledge to their repertoires.
• You can maintain your composure in a crisis and help others maintain their cool as well.
• You get energized by speaking publicly, engaging with groups of people, and doing dynamic presentations.
• When it comes to walking people through the ins and outs of their benefits options, you deliver the same energy whether it’s one person via Zoom or 25 people in a physical setting.
• You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate.
• You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. Without losing a beat, you split your attention between individual work projects, team projects, and customer service.
• You are a proactive problem-solver and are keen on planning and creating processes that respond to or prevent future issues that may arise.
• You do your work through an equity lens.
What You’ll Do
• Assist in scheduling and planning annual open enrollment.
• Oversee benefits enrollment in electronic employee self-service system, including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, FSA, and the 403(b) plan.
• Oversee enrollment in voluntary benefits offerings, including short-term disability, legal protection, and life insurance.
• Support employees by doing virtual walkthroughs as they learn to navigate or need a refresher on navigating the electronic employee self-service system
• Reconcile monthly invoices.
• Update employee enrollment information through provider portals.
• Respond to benefits inquiries from employees, including 403(b) inquiries.
• Assist in resolving claim issues.
• Assist in tracking OFLA/FMLA leaves.
• Oversees COBRA process via third party administrator.
• Participate in new hire orientations, handling the benefits overview.
• Assist with processing Workers’ Compensation claims and related reports.
• Assist with processing unemployment claims.
• Make occasional site visits to offer benefits support and Q & A sessions.
• Support the recruiting process, handling administrative support such as scheduling interviews and handling phone screens.
• Perform duties in compliance with company policies and Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
• At least two years of experience in human resources with at least one year supporting or leading benefits administration.
• One year of experience handling employee leave processes.
• Experience working with Human Resources information systems (HRIS).
• Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
• Must pass a DMV check if planning to use personal vehicle for site visits.
• Degree or certification in Human Resources.
• Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter. Also, please address the following:
• How would you use your skills and experiences to contribute to equity, inclusion, accessibility, and community engagement as part of Ride Connection?
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.