- Location: Various Locations - Tualatin, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, and Multnomah County
- Position Reports To: Program Manager
- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Driver – Full and Part Time
Ride Connection is looking for a reliable, customer service-focused relationship builders to join the Driver pool for our Transportation Program. COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
Drivers are the heart and soul of Ride Connection’s Transportation Program. Drivers provide transportation services using agency owned vehicles to help older adults, people with disabilities, and citizens who do not have access to reliable transportation or other alternatives to live independent, quality lives by providing them access to necessary community services.
We are looking for Part Time and Full Time drivers be part of transportation services for customers in Tualatin, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, and Multnomah County. The work hours available vary, as well as the days of the week so flexibility is a must.
This is a non-exempt position with a starting salary of $20.16 - $30.24 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
Who You Are
- You are all about great customer service. You enjoy both driving and interacting with people. You go the extra mile to ensure that a customer feels supported, heard, and respected.
- You excel at connecting with others while understanding the importance of personal boundaries and respecting the boundaries of others.
- You maintain your composure in a crisis or an elevated exchange and help others keep their cool as well.
- You like being on time and set up your day and calendar to be where you need to be, sometimes with a few minutes to spare.
What You’ll Do
Provide safe transport service and community connector services to customers with a customer service lens focused on dignity, respect, and patience. This includes:
- Transport of customers according to the schedule and/or instructions given by the Program Manager or the Service Center, notifying the Program Manager or the Service Center of any variations to the schedule in real time.
- Securement of wheelchairs for customers being transported. Assist customers with securing mobility devices, bags, packages, and other items, if appropriate.
- Assist customers between the vehicle and the door of their start location and destination location utilizing appropriate assistance techniques.
- Utilize smartphones and/or tablets to coordinate schedules, input ride information records, and connect with the Program Manager or the Service Center.
- Follow approved operational procedures.
- Report all vehicle incidents/accidents to the Program Manager.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, including monitoring and maintaining proper vehicle fuel levels.
- Maintain customer confidentiality.
- COVID-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Candidates must be able to share physical proof of completed vaccination status at least 30 days before start date.
- Valid driver’s license with five to seven years driving experience and an excellent driving history as recorded by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds safely and secure wheelchairs safely in enclosed spaces.
- Ability to access reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass a National Criminal Record Check which includes fingerprint identification. If a record exists, the nature and severity of charges will be discussed with candidates and, in some cases, may not be a barrier to employment.
This position may be required to perform “Safety Sensitive” duties per Federal Transit Administration (FTA) guidelines. When required the employee assigned to this position must participate and remain in compliance with the FTA Drug and Alcohol testing program, including pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing.
Welcomed Additional Qualifications
- Bilingual or Multi-lingual.
- Experience operating a large vehicle.
- Experience with using conflict resolution or de-escalation techniques.
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
- Experience with and comfort with using computers, computer programs, smartphones, and tablets.
You can apply directly via our website or you can send a copy of your resume and a cover letter to jobs@rideconnection (.org). Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the general public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.