- Location: NE Glisan - Currently Remote
- Position Reports To: Service Center Supervisor
- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, engaging, relationship and community builder to join our Service Center team as a Dispatcher.
The Dispatch Coordinator supports Ride Connection and its services through supporting both Ride Connection’s Service Center and drivers as well as other drivers from our program partners. The person in this role will process cancelation, trip updates, and problem solve rout and trip issues as they arise. This role will work closely with Service Center schedulers and Travel Navigators as well as collaborate with service partners to help assure that all of Ride Connection’s customer’s rides are on time and run smoothly. The Dispatch Coordinator will report to the Service Center Supervisor.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $17.45 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with full vestment on day one, Flexible Spending Accounts with a $500 employer contribution, 14 days of paid vacation in your first year with increases every three years, six floating holidays that can be used at any time, a sick leave bank separate from your time off bank, and TriMet annual public transportation passes.
Who You Are
- Customer service is you passion, you enjoy going the extra mile to ensure that a customer feels supported, heard, validated, and served.
- You are a regular Sherlock/Enola Holmes when it comes to solving puzzles and riddles. You can generally put on your houndstooth hat, pull out your magnifying glass, and figure out how disconnected bits of information can be put together to form a complete story or picture.
- You maintain your composure in a crisis and help others keep their cool as well.
- You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. You split your attention between individual work projects, team projects, and customer service without losing a beat.
- You are a lifelong learner and enjoy the challenge of learning new technology and the ins and outs of new programs.
- You are not afraid to ask for help, support, or even another set of eyes to look over something you’ve been working on.
- You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing inequities and oppression experienced by non-white people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, and people with disabilities
What You’ll Do
- Support the Ride Connection service center and its service partners by processing all cancelations, ETA requests, ride changes and reroute requests in real time.
- Continually monitor all emails and other messages from the service center team and providers to keep track of needs throughout the day.
- Make changes and assess what issues need to be addressed and in what order.
- Assist with changes and problems to provide ride assistance.
- Work collaboratively with the Schedulers and Travel Navigators to support customer needs.
- Check driver schedules to see if additional rides or ride changes can be fit into their schedules.
- At least one year of scheduling or dispatch experience in any field.
- Comfortable with/experience using Microsoft Office programs and any type of scheduling software.
- Comfort and experience with high call volume or multi line phone systems.
- The ability and willingness to work diverse populations.
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
- Experience with Route Match or similar software
- Bilingual or multilingual – especially in Arabic, Amharic, Somali or Spanish
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the general public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.
You can learn more about Ride Connection at www.rideconnection.org.