- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, engaging, relationship and community builder to join our Development and Marketing team as the Community Outreach Specialist.
The Community Outreach Specialist supports Ride Connection and its services by identifying outreach opportunities and developing and maintaining relationships with community partners, potential donors, and communities in need. The person in this role will engage with communities across Oregon and generate awareness, interest, and excitement around the mission and services of Ride Connection to increase fundraising, volunteer recruitment, RideWise referrals, interest in employment opportunities, and community engagement. This will be done through various community outreach and marketing tactics, including social media, email and print communication, presentations, and tabling at events. This role will work closely with the Development, RideWise and Mobility for Health Teams to connect with underserved communities and make people more knowledgeable about Ride Connection’s services.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $20.16 - $30.24 per hour and may involve occasional evening and weekend hours.
Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
Who You Are
- You are a community builder by nature. You view collaboration as key to supporting underserved communities and working with your team and teams across an organization or agency for the common good.
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone.
- You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing inequities and oppression experienced by people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, low income and house-less populations, and people with disabilities
- You are intrigued by the nuances of how we communicate and their impacts.
- You know that there is no one-size-fits-all way to converse and connect with people. Because of this, you’re a firm believer in using everything from social media posts to engaging imagery to begin or continue the conversation.
- You get energized by speaking publicly and doing dynamic presentations for and about causes you believe in.
- You do your work through an equity lens.
- You are a proactive problem-solver and are keen on planning and creating processes that respond to or prevent future issues that may arise.
What You’ll Do
- Build relationships with groups and organizations in person, via email, or via phone that leads to customer referrals, including case managers, social workers, schools, and organizations that serve older adults and people with disabilities.
- Support Ride Connection and its service partners by marketing and promoting Ride Connection and its programs.
- Develop media-based outreach strategies that benefit Ride Connection and its programs by engaging with potential riders, volunteers, donors, and community partners.
- Create and participate in public presentations, showcasing Ride Connection and its programs at community meetings and events.
- Monitor and review social media activity to gauge the impact and effectiveness of posts and campaigns.
- Assist with copywriting, including but not limited to written communication posts, social media posts, emails, quarterly newsletters, marketing materials, solicitation letters, annual reports, and event invites.
- Work with various departments at Ride Connection to build a coordinated social presence, including branding, messaging, and customer service stories.
- Develop and manage customer stories and reviews for written and video appeals using ethical storytelling techniques and an equity lens.
- Assist with Ride Connection events and website management.
- At least two years of experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Comfort and experience using Microsoft Office programs and Google for presentations and contact tracking.
- Comfort and experience with public speaking at events and giving presentations.
- The ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification
Welcomed Additional Qualifications
- Experience with In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar programs
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.