- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Accounting Specialist (Fiscal Specialist II )
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, investigative minded, problem solver to join our fiscal team to assist the Chief Financial Officer as an Accounting Specialist (Fiscal Specialist II)
The Accounting Specialist (Fiscal Specialist II) will support the Chief Financial Officer in the development and oversight of fiscal management and compliance tasks. An accounting Specialist in this position will work both collaboratively and independently to manage multiple projects assigned by the Chief Financial Officer. The position requires performance of advance bookkeeping functions that include use of cost allocation, financial analysis, budgeting, reconciliations and preparation of other reports and documents as assigned. In this position discretion must be exercised in protecting and releasing information.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay of $25.41 per hour. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with automatic employer contribution plus a match up to 2%, Flexible Spending Account with up to $500 annual employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first three years and then increases, twelve holidays, accrued sick leave, and TriMet annual public transportation pass.
- You are a proactive self-starter; you enjoy the challenge of planning processes and procedures that respond to or prevent future issues before they arise
- You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple projects with multiple timelines. You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. Without losing a beat, you split your attention between individual and team projects
- You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate
- You enjoy working both with a team and independently
- You are a problem solver by nature who does what is necessary to find solutions
- You can quickly learn new technology but you’re also not afraid to ask questions or seek assistance from others
- You can do your work through an equity lens
- You are a regular Sherlock/Enola Holmes when it comes to solving riddles. You can generally put on your hounds-tooth hat, pull out your magnifying glass, and figure out how disconnected bits of information can be put together to form a complete story.
- You are a lifelong learner, always looking for and finding new nuggets of knowledge to expand the tools in your toolbox
- You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing inequities and oppression experienced by non-white people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, low income and houseless populations, and people with disabilities
What You’ll Do
- Work in multiple software platforms, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Communicate as needed with employees and management on an ongoing basis regarding contract/project allocations, gathering accounting information needed from other staff units within Ride Connection, gathering information to complete A/R billings, A/P work, and general needs to complete daily and monthly projects
- Be primary processor of all AR Invoices by running financial reports within our financial software and using reports to post data into billings for current contracts and grants
- Utilize cost accounting and allocations to allocate per project expense amounts in billings for grants/contracts & bill correctly
- Prepare bank and other account reconciliations for Ride Connection’s banking, as well as but not limited to, reconciliations for fuel bills, phone bills, and AR & AP monthly reconciliations
- Maintain and run reports for fiscal tracking and various Ride Connection contracted programs
- Account for all received cash, supporting bank reconciliations & daily banking needs
- Prepare monthly ad-hoc reporting to support accounting department needs whenever necessary, running financial reports to help answer contract/grant usage questions
- Assist with audits related to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, AP Reconciliation, AP Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliations, and other areas where audit backup pertains to position workflow
- Experience with, and proficient user of, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years’ experience in accounting
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
Welcomed Additional Qualifications
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Experience with non-profit accounting
- Bilingual or multilingual
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You can submit these documents in any format, but PDF works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals, and the public by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.
You can learn more about Ride Connection at www.rideconnection.org